Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

My friends!


Over the years I have met varied kinds of people. People I have loved. People I have admired. People I have been inspired by. And yeah, people I have disliked, hated and abhored too! And yet, when I look back, only a few faces swim to the surface of a haze of muddled memories. And I have begun to realise that these are the people who mean the most to me. Because it is with them that I have braved all the highs and lows and the twists and turns that come along with the journey called "life". Some of these people have taught me lessons which I would never have learned on my own. Some of them have just stood by me, like silent but steady rocks, and seen me through the trials and tribulations.

When I think back, I realise that I am actually fortunate and blessed to have found just the right friends. In a world full of selfish people, God chose just these few, handful, awfully good people to be my friends; each one special in his own unique way. Friends who have shared my sorrows and joys alike, who have opened my eyes to brand new perspectives. Friends who have broadened my horizon and taught me to dare and look beyond the obvious. Friends who have taught me how to go against the flow.

All these friends I have loved with all my heart. Some a little more, some less, but loved nonetheless.

And all of them, I had to part with at some point of my life. It broke my heart when we said our good-byes. Because deep down inside of me, I knew that this was the last I would be seeing of many of them.

But now I have realised that the good-byes don't really matter. What really matters is the memories that a mention of their name evokes and the kind of emotions that I go through when I just think about them. What really matters is the love that they have given me and the life that we once shared together...

It's a great feeling, to realise that God has been so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers