Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Morning Blues, Greens, Purples and all colours imaginable.

Monday mornings were never great for me. I am not the kind of person who ever enjoyed going to college or school on a Monday morning, and I don’t see why work should be any exception. I hate work of all kinds. I hate anything that requires a bit of extra thinking and effort, and a bit of concentration. Unless, of course, it’s a movie or a whodunit; or maybe writing the lyrics of a song by just listening to it and not using google! Not that I hate being a copy writer though. I just hate Monday mornings.

One would think that after four years of working and two years of being a copy writer, I have my life figured out and that I know what it is that I like doing, and where exactly it is that I want to be five years from now. Well, the truth is, I am in a worse, if not in a better situation than where I was five years ago, chiefly because, as it was then, even now I don’t know what it is that I want. But unfortunately, now I do know what it is that I DON’T want! That doesn’t make life any simpler now, does it?

And with that, sprinkle in old friends who constantly tell me that I’ve changed so much that they don’t know me anymore, and so called “admirers” who insist that I haven’t changed and that they still know everything about me, and with that new friends who are so grey, I end up wondering whether the word friend is an apt way of describing them at all, and you can conclude that my life is in a state of perfect chaos.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not the depressed or the suicidal kind who is looking for a way out of all this mess, and who finds that bottle of rat poison as appealing as a piece of crispy KFC. No, sir! I am a happy person, mostly laughing at my own plight and enjoying more than a laugh or two at the plight of a select others who have lost favour with me over the course of time.

It’s just that every now and then I need to set my mind at peace by blurting out what’s on it and bitch about “the bitch called life” (I know that’s a cliché and clichés are annoying but I just couldn’t resist the temptation) and also bitch about people while keeping my fingers crossed hoping that they don’t figure out that it’s them that I’m referring to if ever they happen to come across that particular post.

So, on a Monday morning, as I sit at office, in front of my desk, trying to figure out what it is that I really like, and what it is that I really want from life, I look around for a reason to smile and look around for people who can help me feel good about being where I am. Most Monday mornings, like this one, there is hardly anyone around who can cast that magic spell. But on an odd day, there are angels who come by, and who take away the feeling that I am lying prostrate on the floor of life. They give me a reason to hope and believe that things are not that bad, that they could have been much worse.

I really wish today was one of those days.

6 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Nice blog here. I want you to check out this new book review blog Book Reviews

    Also look at our Facebook page too. Thanks and happy book reviews

    Cheers
    Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Booklover
    Thanks a bunch for dropping by! Have joined the FB page. The reviews look rather interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw... the thing is, you dont need reassurance about what you want and not want from other people. You need reassurance from your own self. People can only make you feel better for a little while but only you can do the soul searching and find your peace yourself. I think the more you look for 'angels', the less likely it is that you figure yourself out.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Raajii
    Now that you say it, it makes a lot of sense! Thanks a bunch for this prerogative! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all in the head :-P

    -v

    ReplyDelete

Followers